For my second foray into vine making, I used another model that had been sitting around unpainted since time immemorial; a bridge that, if I remember correctly, was by Gallia USA bought just before they went out of business. Probably in the mid 90s. Here is the bridge painted up. Nothing fancy mind you, just a base coat and a couple shades of dry brush. I think I may have textured the road surface to be more road-surface-like.
To make the vines, here is some copper wire I bought at Home Depot (DIY store).
I cut the wire into lengths a couple inches long, twisted some of the strands into separate branches, and primered them white.
I gave them a light wash of brown craft paint and glued them to the bridge.
Attached at various point is a combination of Woodland Scenics clump foliage. Here is a final shot.
I’m pretty happy with the results of this second attempt. I think it works well for 28mm, I’ll have to try some experiments for 15mm. I have a 15mm bridge on the “to-do stack”.