Saturday, August 1, 2015

What's on My Painting Table August 1, 2015

Hello Everyone!

I finally overcame my trepidation about basing the 6mm Ancient Britons!



Took a bit of himming and hawing about what to use but I have made my choices and will stick with them for this army.


I had debated whether or not to use the ground up foam covering, but after much debate decided to go with static grass. I wanted the look of standing in a field and thought the static grass would capture that better.


I used a combination of Woodland Scenics Burnt Grass and a tan static grass which was given to me so the origens aren't clear (though I suspect Noche), The static grass was added with my home made "fly swatter" static grass applicator.

I added various size SilFlor Late Summer Buffalo Grass, though if I had it to do over again I would just use the small - the large are very chaotic and don't look as much like bushes as I would have hoped. I also added the occasional SilFlor flowered plant to break thing up.

I have now started on the light cavalry -


And distracted by the sailing ships krimso is working on, I pulled out a NavWar Roman Fleet starter pack I bought at Historicon close to 20 years ago. Wow these things are smaller than I remember! 1/1200 ships are going to be a challenge.

A NavWar 1/1200 Roman Quinquireme
Always the attention span of a gnat!

Latah!

No comments:

Post a Comment