Sunday, August 24, 2014

Paint Table Saturday 42

Hi!

I finished off the Eyetarans, which can be seen here in the last Painting Sprint.

I have gotten the base work done on the Essex army of St.John:


Work has also begun in earnest on the Splintered Light Dwarves:


I am really feeling the benefits of working on smaller batches. I am more patient and do a better paint job. Base work is roughted in, eyes and fleshtones, armor with Reaper Blackened Steel washed with Coat d'Arms black shader, and a variety of blues. The black shader was a recent purchase (actually picked up all the Coat d'Arms shaders) in anticipation of a new project - 6mm Ancient Britons from Baccus! I figured some form of shader will be a must for 6mm and experimenting on the armor here seemed like a good place to start.

I also used the brown shader on the Lizardmen loincloths, one of the many details I added to the Lizardmen spearmen. There are only one or two details left and then final clean up.


I also experimented with the spear shafts. I base coated them with Reaper Intense Brown. I added little squigles with Raper Blonde Hair and then gave the hole thing a coat with a mixture of Renaissance Brown Ink with Future Floor Polish. This added a slight sense of grain to the wood. If I had it to do over again I would seal with Testors Dullcoat first: the ink mix softened the squigles.

Last up is the Lizardmen swordsmen. Roughed in the base work, did the loincloths, and base coated the shields.

 
That's all for now, latah!

No comments:

Post a Comment