Sunday, July 8, 2012

Gettin' Dirty

It has been a pretty busy week, what with the U.S. holiday and all, but I have moved the Blue Moon building a little but forward. Alsoo Photobucket was having re-sizing issues and wouldn't let me upload. Today's photos are straight into Blogger, so no click to enlarge this week - sorry!

Using some weathering powder from Branden Enterprises. I did A little bit of weathering.

I've used three different brown shades to provide some variety.

I also switched the roof edging from black to shades of grey. Next I'll seal the powder with some Dullcoat and then spray on a coat of dust. Might also go back in with some brown washed to break up the rust tones a little.

I'm also considering making a completely new radio dish. As mentioned last week, I want to make a new mast, but the more I look at the dish provided, the more it looks too thick and heavy. Looks more like a flight base than a radio dish of the future.

Also in my puttering I finished a second Exemplar Cinerator.

These things have been giving me fits. I have been painting these for so long I do not remember when I started. I have to admit I am not that thrilled with Privateer Press's plastic. I find it very hard to clean mold lines. It's not so bad on a Warjack, but when you get into highly detailed figures like the Cinerators, I keep finding mold lines were I was sure I cleaned. I also feel that the longer I paint these the worse they get. The remaining three are almost done, but they have been in that state since New Years.

That's it for this week. Time to start prep for Historicon!

Later!





2 comments: