Sunday, May 20, 2012

GZG-ECC 15, Part.3


Part.3 …. and also Part-The-Last. You can all breathe a sigh of relief now.

So, here are a couple other games from Saturday night. Stuart Murray expanded the city from Friday night’s “Battle for Lancaster” game for use in “Exterminate! Exterminate!”, a bit of Who-vian splendor using Stargrunt. I was tempted to cancel my own game so I could play. Got to love the Doctor!


The folks from Osprey were there and ran a couple of scenarios, one Force-on-Force and one with Tomorrow’s War. These shots are from “Apache Down” which used FoF.


Sunday morning I played “The Hermoine Inident”, an Aeronef game by Mark Kochte. I played the Americans versus the Japanese (two players) competing for a small German convoy (4th player) allegedly carrying some choice treats. Sadly this game had me so busy I never had a break to take a few pics of other games going on.

 I really like VSF, the problem I have with Aeronef is that, for me, it’s just too simple – simpler than Full Thrust. All guns have the same range. I tried it a few years ago and thought I would give it another go. While I had more fun than the last time I played, I still feel it would have been more fun if playing a Full Thrust variant.

Purchases

GZG is about gaming but there are a few vendors. This year’s lineup was Starmats Plus, Osprey, Bad Idea Games, and a guy who had been part of Battle Works Studios (sadly now defunct!).
I picked up Force on Force from Osprey, Ares High and some supplement craft from Bad Idea, a couple buildings and scenery bits from the end of Battle Works.

All and all, a great con as always!

You can see all of my pictures in Photobucket here.

And I highly recommend Mark Kochte’s time laps video:

No comments:

Post a Comment