Sunday, January 1, 2012

Blue Moon SF Update #1

Well, I have started working on building #1 and in the priming/basecoat stage I have noted a few flaws I thought I should pass along. I've also taken the precaution of calling this "Update #1" if things continue to pop up on this build.

Let me be clear up front - despite these flaws I still think these are freaking awesome buildings!

First up, there is some kind of wave in the rooftop fencing. Note how the line of the barrier moves away from the roof edge.



While I was adding locators to the underside of the roof, I went to great pains to get the top and bottom portions of the tower to line up. When you do that, some gaps are revealed at both ends on the roof. The roof overall is shorter than the building itself.


This is compounded by the fact that the base is not square an true. Not sure if this is due to the master or due to mold distortion.

In the final analysis, I don't think we, as gamers, expect perfection (at least I don't), but the gap on the one end is more than I like so I will tack on a styrene strip and feather it in. I'll post a full blog report when the building is complete.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. Blue Moon has some great stuff, and these buildings are top on my next to buy list. It's nice to see some (unbiased) photos. I totally agree with you, imperfections aside these are amazing buildings.

    ReplyDelete